Burbank, California Career Opportunity
Gentle Giant Studios, Inc. is seeking a full-time Mid – Senior Level 3D Artist (digital sculptor – modeler-scan technician) for our digital film services division in Burbank, CA. This position involves working directly with supervisors and developers in the support of digital content creation that will be optimized for major motion picture visual effects, gaming and 3D printing.
Position Description and Basic Qualifications and Requirements
- As a 3D artist, the qualified candidate should be well versed in human anatomy, organic and hard surface modeling in Zbrush and Maya.
- As a scan technician, candidate will be required to set up and operating 3-D scanning equipment on location and/or in-studio to capture client-specific data and use various software packages to process scan data. Previous experience in scanning preferred, but the right candidate may be trained in scanning.
- Candidates should also have experience working with Adobe Photoshop
- Exhibit a portfolio with samples of previous 3D sculpting and modeling, including (retopology/UV/texture mapping).
- Ability to work independently and achieve results without a lot of supervision
- Strong attention to detail
- Communicate effectively with a variety of team players
- Strong basic photography skills; experience shooting HDR texture maps highly desirable
- Character rigging experience a plus
- Candidate must have a valid passport and be willing and able to travel, sometimes internationally, for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. repetitively.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 Years experience
- Bachelors Degree or relevant years of experience required.